Words for Borrowing Please use the words you acquired in class for the word borrowing assignment if at all possible. If circumstances have conspired against you, I may ask you to use these words for the language contact homework. I have provided all the information you will need.
The strortsvoS people dwell in the snowy north and are hostile toward everything. They are selfish, rude to outsiders, and don't even like one another very much. This attitude can be seen in their word for 'abduction' which seems to carry the implication that, so long as it's someone else who is getting abducted, it's not much of a problem.
Language Name: strortsvoS
Created by Dag Himlar
- S= voiceless alveopalatal fricative
- N= velar nasal
- tS = voiceless alveopalatal africate
Note the following glosses for strortsvoS negative prefixes:
- sNawlt- a very emphatic negative
- tSawltS- annoying or sort of bad
- wawlSk- not really bad but I'm supposed to say it's bad.
- Alien: sNawlt-strorts
- Ray Gun: sNawlt-krirtS-sklalk
- Rocketship: spwiZ-glen-zawp
- Abduct wawlsk-strorts-zaga-zliN
Where would you like to go??