The BG Language Creation Guide
Organizational Help for Step 12
- Create your alphabetized lexicon of content words. You have content words in steps 3, 6, 8, 9 and 11.
Remember that your list in step 3 was made before you added the phonological variation in step 5. this means that you will find corrected forms of some nouns in step 5 and should use those.
- Lay out all your steps so they are easy to find.
- Note that you should not simply paste those steps into a document and send them as your final paper. they should not appear as lists of questions and your answers.
- Follow the table of contents given to you in the description of step 12.
- As you translate each sentence, different points of grammar will present themselves. Here is a list of the grammar you have developed, alphabetized and indexed so you can find things more quickly.
Where to Find your Grammar: Your Table of Contents
- agreement, adjectives 8
- agreement, verbs 6
- articles 10
- coordination 10
- copula 8
- derivational morphology: affixes that change part of speech 8
- negation, adjectives 8
- negation, nouns 3
- negation, verbs 6
- noun classes 3
- locatives 10
- plurals 3
- possessives 3
- pronouns 6
- tense 6
- word order, adjetive and noun 10
- word order, S, V and O 10