Applied Phonology, Fall 2016
Mondays 6:00 to 9:00:
East Hall 306
Dr. Sheri Wells-Jensen
423 East Hall
Office hours: Monday: 2:00 to 4:00 and by appointment
Office Phone: (419) 372-8935 (But, seriously, email me if you want my attention!)
Two sets of phoneme finding problems and two short sets of transcription matching for October 19. Enjoy your break!
Useful External Links
This first group will be useful in finding info on particular languages:
- The Ethnologue Your starting place for information on number of speakers, where the language is spoken and similar general information.
- World Phonotactics Database
from the Department of Linguistics
The Australian National University
A place for specifics like syllable structure, phonotactics and phoneme inventories.
- World Atlas of Language Structures
A good source for comparative information and general typological findings when comparing one language to another or finding out how typical some sound might be.
- A Good source for Everything IPA
- Speech Accent Archive where you can find native speakers of various languages reading texts in English.
Update October 3, 2016